Are you new to changing colors while knitting or working with crochet? Learn how to make you own (very cheap but cute) DIY Crochet Bobbins!
For crochet? Yes, there are bobbins for knitting and crochet as well as sewing. Who knew? LOL. As I was searching the web looking for some way that I could make or get some bobbins quick (I am a little impatient) I came up with an idea of my own.
Now, you can go buy them, but these DIY crochet bobbins are SO cheap and easy, why would you?
DIY Crochet Bobbins
- Toliet Paper Rolls (Paper towel rolls would work as well, just cut to the size of TP rolls)
- Washy Tape (Optional, but it is Washy Tape!)
- Fat Pen (I used the InkJoy Multi-colored ink pen)
- Cut TP rolls in half lengthwise
- Curl 1 of the halves around a fat pen making sure the hole is big enough to fit loosely around a 5/16 dowel.
- Have the pen clip hold one end of your roll while you hold the other end, Tape all the way around and down your bobbin, so that you have a slender tube.
- Decorate with Washy Tape, b/c well it is Washy tape and it is awesome!
- Clip a small slit in one end to hold the yarn while you start winding your yarn onto the bobbin.
Here are some images to help you along :0)
That’s it guys! These little DIY crochet bobbins are super quick and pretty much FREE! Try the out and let me know in the comments how it went. I would love to see pics as well. Head over to the TQH FB page and share your photos!
Check back next Tuesday for a DIY Bobbin Holder for under $10!!!
I am super excited about the Wanderlust Crochet Along that is starting September 29th and running through December 8th. (If you find this at a later time, don’t worry, you can totally catch up. Head over here to sign up.)
Enter your email and gain access to our FREE Resource Page!
Here at The Quiet Homemaker I aspire to live a peaceful, quiet life as Paul urged the Thessalonians. God has blessed me with an amazing husband and three wonderful boys. He entrusted them into my care and I want to please Him by caring for them in a way that brings Him glory. I want to show them a quiet and peaceful life, where they work with their hands and tend to their own affairs and then reap the rewards of a job well done. The best way to show them this is through my example. Read More…