My dear friend Jessica from Overwhelmed to Fulfilled and I would like to welcome you to, Live Life Well: Encouragement for the Journey. Where each week you can come and check out multiple links to wonderful posts full of encouragement for busy women from all walks of life. We pray that this is a blessing to you
Getting Back into Our Homeschooling Routine
Having a routine in place when you are raising children is a must. But when you are homeschooling it is dire! Here is Georgia we are require to “school” for four and a half hours. This takes a huge chunk of your day. And when you get off of your normal routine, everything seems to take so much longer. This is what is going on in our house right now! Everything feel a little “off”. And both Matthew and I are feeling the pressure. I do not unschool, but I am pretty eclectic in my schooling. We do a lot of reading together, but there are a few subjects where we have got to really put in the work. This has be a huge struggle the last two weeks. I have probably said some things that I should not have and lost my patience a few times.
I think remembering that getting back on a routine is just as hard for MK as it is for me is a huge help. And grace, lots of grace. So when he can not focus on those last five or six math problems, I sit with him and talk him through them and we are done in under five minutes. Isn’t that better than yelling? Better for him, and his heart? Isn’t that why I homeschool? So I offer myself a little grace as well, and make a note for next year, follow Mother of 3’s advice!!
In our featured post this week we journey over to Our Unschooling Journey to grab some amazing tips on getting back on schedule after the holiday break. And boy do I wish I had read this list two weeks ago!! Thank you so much for this!! This mama really needed it.
Featured Post on Live Life Well
I was toying with whether or not to continue our holiday unschooling or dive into some more traditional schoolwork today. The boys pretty much decided that for me when they asked what we were going to do for school today.
I had a few things planned in the back of my mind for today, but knew that after almost two full weeks off it would take a while for us to get back into our normal homeschooling routine.
Here are some tips for getting back on schedule:
1. Ease into the routine slowly:
- I recommend starting with just a few core subjects: I decided to stick to our traditional math and reading and then add in just a bit of world history.
- We were pretty much all done our work by lunchtime regardless of my vow to do more traditional schoolwork and have a set schedule for this winter. Again I wanted to ease into our schoolwork.
2. Try to keep it fun and light:
- The boys had been asking to learn about vikings so I pulled one of the viking books from the library and thought we could watch How to Train Your Dragon as part of it too.
Continue reading post here!
LIVE LIFE WELL LINK-UP
ENCOURAGEMENT FOR THE JOURNEY
We are thrilled to have you all join us! Our passion is to Live Life Well. We desire for this to be a place we can come together for Encouragement on the Journey.
This is for readers looking for multiple resources on Living Life Well and for bloggers looking to share their encouragement with others and reach a larger audience. We hope this gathering place will serve you well.
JESSICA @ OVERWHELMED TO FULFILLED
AMY @ THE QUIET HOMEMAKER
BLOGGERS, LET’S LINK UP!
1. Link up 1-2 posts that encourage other women to Live Life Well.
2. After linking up, support one another by visiting and commenting on 2 other posts.
3. We reserve the right to delete any post that does not line up with our passion to Encourage on the Journey of Living Life Well.
TO BE FEATURED
1. Grab our button below and place it somewhere on your site or provide a link back to this page.
2. Each host will pick one post to feature and promote on social media the following week.
3. By linking up with Live Life Well you are giving each host permission to use your post and your images on their websites and social media accounts. If you are chosen to be featured, this is how we will promote your blog!
4. We would love to connect with you outside of the Link-Up too! Visit our websites, follow us on social media. Let’s stay connected!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LINKING UP WITH US!!
Let’s make it a party! Share this post on Pinterest.